Friday 26 June 2020

A post at last!

Good morning and a long overdue post! Several times I’ve started and scrapped what I was going to say. Why? I really don’t know. I suppose I just felt it wasn’t interesting enough. It’s still a weird time, some more restrictions lifted, but I’m not in any rush to go to anywhere busy. So it’s been a very quite a quiet Devonshire life in the main.

So, back to the business of letting you lovely people know what I have actually been up to this past 18 (!) days. Well, the day after my last post, it was Bumble’s 5th birthday! A day, back in November, that we didn’t think she’d ever see! Obviously her cancer is still there, but she is well in herself and is truly having the best life. Our daughter had the day off, so Hubby and I went over to see the birthday girl in her garden. The heavens opened a couple of times, but that didn’t stop Bumble enjoying her birthday pupcakes!........


She also had a delivery of handmade dog biscuits..........


The day after, my son and I met my daughter and Bumble at Budleigh beach for a walk. It’s a pebble beach and shelves down to the sea, which is a challenge going down and back up again (and this was after doing Joe Wicks in the morning too!) My poor legs! The sea was a bit choppy due to the weather, so there were some waves breaking into the shore, rather than the normal lapping. Bumble, on a longline, jumped in after pebbles and thoroughly enjoyed herself.......






Once, back up the mountain of pebbles, we had a well deserved coffee, until the black clouds rolled in with a massive cloudburst! A quick sprint into our respective cars, with our coffees.

Father’s Day was a quiet day. A day of reflection for me, as I lost my Dad in Dec 2016. The weather was lovely here, so our daughter and Bumble came over to enjoy the sun. Hubby had his presents, we sat and chatted. Bumble had her own chair to sit on (I know, it’s in a bit of a state, but perfect for her paws!) .......

I’ve met my friend and her dog for walks each week. We opt for Haldon Forest or Exmouth beach. Both are quiet early in the mornings. Our Exmouth walk was a bit murky, but warm.......





Some very strange rock formations have been unearthed, where there used to be sand....


 The rain held off and the beachside takeaway cafe was open for a very good cup of coffee after our walk and some gravy bones for Bruce, her dog.

We’ve had torrential rain!.......


which led to more baking. In this case chocolate and banana bread.......


I have actually ventured into town. Well, the far end which is very quiet. I normally see a podiatrist every 12 weeks and was due to see her 2 days after lockdown. They are now open again, with lots of precautionary measures in place. I was required to wear a mask, so tried my hand at making my own. I had some material, looked up various patterns and hey presto. Don’t look at the stitching too closely, I don’t have a machine, so it’s hand stitched. My daughter was so impressed, she requested one too!.....


We had a lovely surprise last week. A dear friend of ours, who has gone through a cancer battle, in the last 12 months, gave us this gorgeous vase as a thank you for our support. He picked up that I love Highland cows......


So I’ve had a week of flowers too. Hubby felt obliged, haha, to buy me some for our new vase. There was enough to put in a small vase in the window too. I cut my first peony and my son gave me some flowers this Wednesday to cheer me up ( it was my Dad’s birthday) ........





And just a last couple of pics. Early the other morning, whilst walking up the garden to feed the birds, I noticed the sun on the dew on my Lady’s Mantle plants. The photos don’t do it justice really. The tiny droplets glistened like diamonds!....



The remainder of the time has been spent gardening, household chores etc.
So that’s it! Hope you are enjoying the sunny weather, if you like the heat, or are managing to keep cool, if you don’t. Have a lovely weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x

13 comments:

  1. Bumble looks like she's a lovely dog, what a shame to have her diagnosis at a young age. She looks to be having her best life now though. I remember Budleigh beach - we've not been for about 20years. I remember being fascinated by a group of about 5 women swimmers all in their 70s and 80s who said they swam virtually every day as a group. I remember it being sloping and pebbley but still a nice beach. I love your new vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is lovely, bless her. You would probably find Budleigh has not changed much since you were there last! That is why I like it so much. There are still a fair few ‘all year’ swimmers, a friend of mine being one of them. She also has a beach hut at the far end too.

      Delete
  2. Nice to catch up on your activities, Ann. That was an interesting and very busy post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, glad you found it interesting. I’ll try not to leave it so long next time :)

      Delete
  3. Love the vase and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s lovely isn’t it, Janice! It’ll look great with wintery flowers in too :)

      Delete
  4. Bumble looks very happy. I am sure she is getting the best of possible attention.

    Love the mask. I would never try to sew one by hand so kudos to you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she’s content, Jackie. She very spoilt by her family and my daughter’s work, the Blue Cross (where she ended up before my daughter adopted her)
      I’m tempted to do another mask, but I’ll have to do it on an evening when I can give all my attention to it. I’m no seamtress, so I have to concentrate, haha :)

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely post, well worth waiting for. Bumble is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! When we’re a bit curtailed over what we can do, it’s sometimes difficult to know what to write. Bumble is a real snuggle monster!

      Delete
  6. I've been feeling much the same, Ann. Also, it's difficult to find opportunity to post with a small person taking up much of my time.
    The mask looks great. I keep meaning to make one myself but I've not needed to wear one yet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s strange times, isn’t it, Jules, even now when some things are more relaxed. I can imagine finding time to yourself is hard at times. I have to say, I’m quite pleased with the mask (I’m not very good with a sewing needle!) and I love the llama material. I’m not sure I’ll need to use it much, but it’s when I do. I do have a little pack of disposable masks for the boys of the household, if they need any :)

      Delete