Monday 8 June 2020

A few firsts.......

.....since the slight relaxation of lockdown.

On Tuesday, I met up with my friend for a walk in Haldon Forest. It was nice and quiet, with plenty of room for social distancing. She had with her, Bruce, her dog and also her son’s dog, so I had a dog for the morning! It was so lovely to see my friend and have a right old natter, while the dogs had a huge explore, disappearing into the undergrowth. (Ironically, the last time we met up, was also at Haldon Forest, the day before lockdown was implemented. We were already socially distancing from each other.) We saw very few people at all on our walk, but we had met up quite early so the dogs wouldn’t get too hot. For some reason I omitted to take any photos! We were too busy chatting and  catching up on all our news (it’s never the same by texting someone, is it?) We’ve decided to move our catch up day to a Tuesday, so we’re going for another walk tomorrow.

Saturday night, we ( our household) made our way to our daughter’s house ( or rather garden!), my son’s girlfriend did the same, as did my daughter’s ex (they’ve always got on, is he still an ex? Who knows) Anyway, the six of us were all together for a barbecue. It’s a good job she has a large garden, so we could spread out. We had a great time, even though it rained! But it was so lovely to be all in the same place. The only one who wasn’t too keen was Bumble, she doesn’t like to be wet, so she sidled up to me, as she was wrapped up warm in a towel, then a blanket.......



The other days have been filled with the weekly visit to the farm shop, routine of housework, catching up with family on the phone and a bit of crafting. My brother’s birthday was at the weekend and being a keen cricketer, I made him this card.........


Today I spent the morning in the garden, planting up my pumpkin, cucumber, peppers and more tomatoes! The weather held up until later this afternoon, when we had more rain. So that’s it really, a quiet-ish week with a couple of heart warming moments.

I haven’t got much planned for the rest of the week, that is very exciting. Although my son has Thursday off, so he has suggested he and I go for a walk somewhere. Unfortunately the forecast is appalling (at the moment) for Thursday, but we will go out, even if we just go for a nice drive somewhere.

Hope you all have a lovely week, thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

8 comments:

  1. The dog is adorable and very photogenic. The birthday card is lovely too. I always find male cards difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She never shies away from having her photo taken, haha! Male cards are difficult, especially if they don’t have a particular hobby or sport interest. Several of the males in my family like golf, football and cricket, so it is a bit easier :)

      Delete
  2. Bumble actually looks quite content to be bundled up.

    Love the card.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does love a blanket, haha. Thank you, he is a complete cricket nut! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the photograph of Bumble wrapped in a towel. What a big softie she is. Have a lovely week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, hope yours is good too. I’m catching up on blog reading today :)

      Delete
  4. Can't believe you are in a winter jacket in June. It's 30C here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, Chris, nor could I! Four days earlier, when we arranged the barbecue, I was walking around in a vest top and shorts!

      Delete