Saturday 30 March 2019

A sporting and crafty day

Another lovely sunny day, which saw my daughter and I go to a little town just outside of Exeter, called Topsham. I take a trip there every week at some point to get my milk from a zero waste shop. I take my own bottles and fill ‘em up and also stock up with anything else I need. Today porridge oats were on my list. Of course we had to pop in somewhere for brunch too! It was extremely busy in Topsham today, but on a quieter visit, I’ll take some photos. It’s right on the river Exe and is very picturesque.

This afternoon I went to watch Exeter City. I am a season ticket holder and meet up with several friends there. Most saturdays, my hubby works, but occasionally he gets to come with me. It wasn’t a good day today, we lost 1-4, so the less we say about that the better!

So this evening, I settled down to make my Mum’s mother’s day card. I had planned to make it earlier in the week, but time has flown! I love making cards and ,ahem, have rather a lot of supplies! I do stamping, colouring with Pro Marker pens. I use embellishments, such as little gems or small bows, but try and go by ‘less is more’ mantra. I also have lots of toppers, decoupage and co-ordinating card, which is what decided to use for Mum’s card.

So today has been frustrating at the footy and productive at home. I’m looking forward to going down to Plymouth tomorrow with hubby and daughter, (unfortunately our son has to work), pick up Mum and go out for lunch.

Thanks for popping by, Ann x



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I stumbled on you by chance and popped in to say hi, your cat is a sweetie and they are allowed to be Diva's lol lucky you working at the rescue I spent 40yrs of my life working with dogs cats and various other animals and loved every minute, I like your blog and look forward to the next instalment regards Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Edwina, thank you for popping by. 40 years, wow! That’s a long time and was so rewarding, I imagine. I’ve only been volunteering for 5 years. I started with my daughter, when she was at college and she now works there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I like making cards but am never happy with the result. Other peoples always seem more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, some are better than others, I must admit.

      Delete