Thursday 23 July 2020

A few bits and pieces

Goood evening! Just some photos of the past few weeks. Nothing extremely exciting, but a few little walks etc.


A surprise mask sent in the post to me from a friend. She sent it anonymously, so I put my Miss Marple head on!


A summer wreath for our front door.



A walk with Bumble (and my daughter!) in a newly discovered field of very long grass at times! There was a mown walkway for walkers. I absolutely love the bouncy Bumble photo.




No, I haven’t been to Rome. But my son spent 4 days there last week. This would normally be packed!


We visited a friend (socially distanced of course). This beautiful hydrangea was in his front garden.



A couple of cards have been made for a neighbour’s little boy’s 1st birthday and my cousin’s daughter’s 11th.



I’ve been planning my meals two weeks at a time.



A dog walk with my friend and her dog, Bruce at Parke, a National Trust place in Bovey Tracey, Devon. A lovely place for dogs to explore and splash in the river. A very well organised, safe outdoor cafe to have a coffee and chocolate brownie too!






Hubby had a very long working day yesterday (morning, afternoon and evening) so to escape the house for a bit, we jumped in the car and a quick drive found us at Stover Country Park. We walked around the lake and sat at one of the many benches dotted around, to eat our packed lunch, perfect. A quick scoot back home and his working day resumed.







Today’s meal was Mackerel with Gremolata (Italian term for a dressing) I love the pattern of the Mackerel skin. I don’t cook fish very often, but was very happy with this!



No baking photos, as I‘ve only baked scones and tea loaves recently. Hopefully, I’ll do something more exciting this coming week. I’m going down to Plymouth to see my mum for the first time since lockdown next week, it’s her birthday and we’re going for a picnic (weather permitting!)

 Hope you have a lovely weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x

15 comments:

  1. Bumble looks like scooby doo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of Bumble is brilliant, caught flying through the air. Your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She literally disappeared into the grass and popped out again! Thank you, I’m hoping to experiment with some new stamps soon and make a batch of cards. :)

      Delete
  3. Lots of news in your post, Ann, and great photos. The main thing I want to know is whether your son had to self-quarantine when he got back from Rome. Nobody here is travelling out of the country and some provinces require you to stay in quarantine for 14 days if you go to another province!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. No, he didn’t have to self-quarantine, as Italy is one of the countries that we can visit without doing this. Mind you, the list of non-quarantining countries was only confirmed to the public about 5 days before he went! So it was a bit fraught here for a while :)

      Delete
  4. Love the bouncing Bumble photo.

    People are just traveling around their provinces for the most part. My son did come from Alberta for a short visit, but he came from an area that had had no cases. Pretty much stuck close to the house as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I haven’t ventured out of my little county yet! I was so please my son did manage to get to Rome though, as it was a 21st birthday present for his girlfriend. It was very quiet over there and mask-wearing most places :)

      Delete
  5. A two week meal plan!? I'm just happy when I can manage a full week ;) It looks like you are managing to fill your days with lovely things. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I’m on top of it at the moment, but it could all go pear shaped! Occasionally a spanner gets thrown in to the works with hubby or son doing last minute things, but I’m enjoying trying some different recipes out. Definitely feeling slightly more chilled than I was and these walks etc. really help x

      Delete
  6. I love your wreath on the front door. I have been making some Crystal Art pictures during lockdown and next week their new Xmas range is out which includes an Xmas wreath which I will make. Also bought a lot of card making things. Discovered a new range called Stamps By Me" and I am hooked! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It would be lovely to know your name :)
      Yes, Christmas ranges are soon going to be out and with all that’s been going on, it doesn’t seem as if we’ve had summer yet, haha! I will definitely check out Stamps By Me, although I really have enough stamps. But you can always do with one more, can’t you! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi my name is Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not very good with technology and don't know how to add my name to my comments! I have been trying with Google but only ended up more frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline, it was lovely to see your comment. I would just put your name at the end of your comment, when you comment on anyone’s post :)
      I’m not good on technology either, I’m amazed I managed to set up a blog, haha!

      Delete