Tuesday 26 May 2020

...and then we went to the Moor!

Good morning all! It’s another sunny one here again which is lovely, no lacking of vit. D here, but there’s also no sign of any rain forecast in the next seven days. My poor garden!

Our road’s WhatsApp group has been very quiet for the last few days. I just wonder if everyone is feeling just a bit ‘bleugh’ and fed up by now. I know I went through a couple of down days during the past week. I’m feeling better now and it’s not as if I want to do lots of different things. I think it’s because I see so many people on the news, on the beaches etc. in huge groups or not social distancing and I’m wondering if the figures are going to rise again when we’ve been seeing them come down consistently.

Anyway, back to nice things. We’ve had a couple of birthdays in the road which were broadcast on our WhatsApp group. Our next door neighbour and a little boy who lives five doors down from us. So I  made a couple of cards for them and a 21st card for my niece, whose birthday is today.........





Our house is in chaos. We started a declutter of our loft several weeks ago, it needs to be done as there is far too much up there. But we have a smallish house and there are piles of ‘stuff’ everywhere! Our recycling centre ( where you can also take rubbish) is open, but they are saying that you should only go if you cannot safely store at home. It might get to that point! Charity shops are not going to be open for a while and I have so much for them too. No doubt I’ll be up the ladder again today and bring down another couple of bags/boxes for hubby to go through ( the majority is his stuff!) Unfortunately he hasn’t got the same outlook on getting rid of things as I have! Hey ho!

I snucked some more baking in this week. Just a few scones, plain and sultana.......



Yesterday, our son suggested we all went for a walk somewhere different. We decided on a drive to Haytor in Dartmoor which only takes a 25/30 min drive. The car park wasn’t too busy and being a moor, people were far apart. We walked up to the tor, chatting as we were walking. I did have to stop a couple of times for a breather. I’d already done Joe Wicks workout first thing in the morning! The weather was sunny with a very light breeze, wonderful. Once at the top, we climbed up on to the rock itself and soaked in the view. Simple gorgeous.........





Coming down was so much easier. When we were at the top, we spied an ice cream van in another car park. So after standing in a very orderly social distancing queue, we indulged in some well deserved ice creams. During our walk, the ponies had moved down to our car park for a bit of grazing, or in the foal’s case a bit of sunbathing...........


We finished the day with another treat. Fish and chips, delivered from the shop in the village, and eaten in our deck chairs in the garden, bliss!

Today, I’m about to pop up to a garden centre. I want to be there for opening time, before the droves turn up. I’ll be doing an SAS job. Go in, get the job done and get out again. Then, back home to the normal chores of the days.

Hope you have a lovely day, cheerio for now, Ann x


7 comments:

  1. Before you go to the tip/recycling centre Ann, make sure there aren't any restrictions. My husband took some things to the one near us and although he'd rung up to ask about restrictions, they didn't tell him that that day only cars with an even number plate were allowed in, so he had a wasted journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for the heads up, Joan. I’ll definitely check if we make a trip :)

      Delete
  2. A good walk is a great way to take your mind off things for a while. I've found myself a little out of sorts these last few days too and it doesn't help that the restrictions are so open to interpretation. I've been having a good clear out too and the piles are gradually building up. I hope we will be able to get rid of them before much longer. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our house is filling up to bursting point already, haha! There is more random stuff in the loft, but I can’t get to it until hubby’s Everest of footy stuff disappears. We did have a charity bag through the door last week, but they were quite particular about what they wanted. I did manage to fill two bags though :)

      Delete
  3. You sound just like me, no hanging around in shops at all. The walk looks lovely. We went to the beach on Friday evening it was windy and empty. It just made such a change, I was going stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so lovely to get out and about isn’t it! Just the change of scenery does a world of good :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete